Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Month 1

I have been on my High protein, Low Carb Diet for exactly 1 1/2 weeks and to be honest its really not bad! I use a food log to track my meals and snacks(4-6/day), my water intake (48-64 oz/day), my protein intake (60-90 grams/day). I have goals everyday to focus on:
             - No drinking liquids 30 min. before and after meals
             - Practice eating and drinking slowly
             - No Caffeine or Carbonation
             - Have 4-6 small meals/snacks per day
When I met with my dietitian i was also given the goal to find a protein drink that i like. I have had samples sent to me and have like 15 different samples to try out. I have Nectar samples and so far i have tried the Pina Colada (ewwww), Roadside Lemonade (ok), Twisted Cherry (good), and today i tried the fuzzy navel (fantastic!!!).
       
So after a week and a half of changing my diet, I made chocolate chip cookies and had  one.... i made me super sick! I have my faltering 2 minutes and it backfires. To be perfectly honest it was GREAT!!! I don't feel like I'm starved, a small bit of food fills me up and lasts for a while.

I workout after work every day during the week and it's going pretty well. i haven't been very sore and i have lost a little weight already.  I feel all of my muscles working hard and hopefully getting used to it!

The hardest part so far is practicing sipping water slowly. After my surgery i wont be able to gulp anymore. they say that 1 oz of water should be consumed over 10 minutes.... i can drink 10 oz in less then 1 minute... I am having a hard time getting used to sipping. does anyone have any ideas?! i thought about using small ice cubes and sucking on one every 5 minutes.....

Also it not easy tracking your proteins of the day. I have to make sure i have 60-90 grams of protein everyday. However now its not too hard because I'm eating more but after my surgery i will only be able to eat 1/4-1/2 cup of food all together! Getting my protein count of the day will be very very very important for me because i know it sounds terrible but one of the main goals besides weight-loss for me is to not lose my hair. I have been growing out my hair since i got married and its finally about mid back and when i braid my hair i have a huge braid and i want to keep it that way. I know that i will have some hair loss but i don't want a lot of it to fall out.


SO IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE JUST ASK... OR TELL!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Someone I work with just had weight loss surgery before the holidays. I had.no idea until I.talked to her how intense the before.and after process is! She was back to work within three days and.felt great :) I'm really excited for you and know this was a big decision! I look forward to continuing to hear about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. with the water just number one don't use straws. that's a big one. you'll get the hang of the speed over time. And you slowly work up to your protein amount, you won't be able to get it right after surgery. Blaine's getting maybe 30 g protein right now and he's 2 weeks post op. We'll see how mine goes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh here's a new one I hadn't heard before for the sipping water. Drink it like you would drink a HOT drink. Very slowly, just a tiny bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete