Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Journey Begins

Ok. So since I hit puberty it was nothing but weight gain, weight gain, weight gain. it never really bothered me, i just accepted myself as being a big girl and tried to live my life. When I went to BYU-Idaho in 2008 i weighed 230 lbs. while i was there i worked out everyday for at least 2-3 hours. by June of 2008 had dropped that 30 lbs and for the first time in my life i weighed under 200 lbs. that lasted about 3-4 months until i met my wonderful husband, got married and started the gaining game again. 3 years later my highest weight was 275! To be honest i hadn't really noticed it had happened until all of my pictures had double chins and i was starting to not even recognize my self anymore. My decision to change my life was easy. My grandmother recently passed away in November of 2011. I loved her very much and i noticed in pictures that i had the same body type she had in her 50's and 60's that I have in my 20's. It scared me to death. I have done diets and been working out at the gym off and on for 5-7 years. So i do have the dedication. it's seeing lasting results that is the hard thing. So being tired of the yo-yo weight gain game. i decided to make a life changing decision.

after years of research i went to a weight loss surgery seminar. while i was there i learned a little more in depth of the different surgeries. i also learned a little more about the diets before and after surgery. So armed with more information and more confidence i pressed on.

In January of 2012 I went to my first meeting with the surgeon. We discussed what type of surgery we thought would be best for my body. We decided on the Sleeve Gastrectonomy. We set up appointments to meet with the Dietitian and the Exercise Physiologist. a week later I met with my dietitian and learned in depth the diet that would lead up to my surgery date (that still has not been set). the exercise physiologist helped me tailor workouts and stretching for before and after surgery. I have 3 months to prepare my body mind and soul for the healthiest chapters of my life.

I WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT I KNOW THAT MY SURGERY IS NOT A MAGICAL FIX!!! I KNOW THAT IT WILL TAKE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE TO MAKE THIS CHANGE PERMANENT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Felicia - What a great way to record your journey. I am a fan of this exciting new life choice. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

    Elsie Chaudoin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck cuz! I'm bookmarking your blog so I can keep track of your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete