Sunday, May 13, 2012

First couple of days Post-Op

ok so for those of you who follow my blog or for whoever just read it, I had my surgery on friday the 11th just 3 days ago, and I am very happy to report that my surgery went very well. the surgery went really quickly. he said it usually takes 2 1/2 hours but it only took 1 1/2 hours for me. he said he didnt find any hernias that needed repaired. He also said that my liver looked great. that it didnt look at all close to someone who is overweights would have looked. the last couple of days have been quite the experience. I have 6 insisions(sp) on my abdomen. and Brian says the swelling has gone down a lot. the first day was a little rough. i was in a lot of pain and the morphine and the saline drip made me really really nauseus so i eventually just stopped taking the pain meds. I also couldnt sleep for more then 30 minutes at a time. so i spent a lot of my time walking around in the halls. pain and nausea werent as bad when i was walking. i slept really well last night in my own bed and i think i am doing pretty well with keeping down my liquids. i havent thrown up today so i think thats good cuz i did twice yesterday and it was unbelievably painful!!!! sneezing and hiccups also hurt but i think i am slowly getting better and better. I do have some preop pics and some pics of my insisions. but i am waiting to find a heaviest weight picture before i post them on here so you can see the difference. I want to take the chance to thank you all for your wonderful support and friendship. you all are so wonderful  and i am so lucky to have you all as friends. thank you so much!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We love you Felicia. Sounds like you are doing great! Best of luck going forward! Sammy and I miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love you! Hope you are well, let us know how you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete