Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Have My 5K Race Date!!!!!

Ok so for many of you that read my blog you already know that one of my big goals is to run a 5k by the time i am 6 months post op. well i am very excited to tell you that i have found the 5k that i will be running. I took me a while to find it but i finally found a website that has all of the seattle marathons for 2012. the date of the 5k is November 24th, 2012 at 8:30 am!!! it will be cold i think but i am very excited! if you are interested in joining me or just cheering me on the website is www.seattlemarathon.org/5k. i would love to have your support!!!!! Also i want to let many of you know that this will not be my last. Some of you already know that my grandmother Ida Arlene Mortimer passed away in November of 2011. Because she passed away of cancer i want to run in a charity run for her. I am planning on making a Tshirt with her picture on it. I loved her very much and miss her very much and i know that she will be so proud of me for taking control of my health and my life. i know that was something that she worried about. but she wont have to anymore. I will continue to keep you all updated as i continue on my way through this journey. Love You All!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Before you do the procedure, You should look into this book called Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. There is no counting calories and it is based on just being health, so you can protect yourself against cancers, Heart disease and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently diet and focus on eatinghealthy food. I am getting the surgerybecausei need the extra tool for my extreme weightloss. Thanks for your advise but I am very set on doing this. Its not an easy fix Oran easy way out. I will still be working very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOO YOU! Running is a wonderful way to exercise. I'm excited for you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete